COVID-19 Virus: Guest Information
To protect other guests, the team, & the local community: you should not visit the park if you or anyone in your household has Covid symptoms or is testing positive for Covid. We will cancel or refuse your booking if we reasonably believe anyone in your party has Covid.
Our standard cancellation policy applies. We strongly suggest customers take out holiday insurance. On receipt of a proof of positive Covid test, we will hold any deposit paid against a future booking within 12 months. For other cancellations, our standard cancellation policy applies.
Bath Chew Valley Caravan Parks primary concern is the safety & wellbeing of our team & our guests, to help ensure this is achieved we have changed some of our processes and facilities for the duration of the Covid-19 outbreak.
Note that facilities are subject to change in line with government regulations.
We have introduced a new online check-in system and arrival procedure, which is emailed to guests automatically.
We have introduced a Covid-19 specific cleaning regime throughout the park. We have removed some of the decorative items from our facilities & lodges where they are impractical to sanitise.
Guests should consider packing sufficient soap, hand gel, gloves, toilet roll, disinfectant, and hand sanitiser, to use in their outfits, in case of local shortages.
These measures are being kept under constant government review and may change between now and the end of your stay. Please observe the advice on the park signage, to meet Covid regulations and ensure the safety of both guests and our team.
• All internal shared facility areas, including toilet and shower blocks, wash up areas, laundry rooms, are fully open, with no restrictions. Please note: certain facilities may be closed or temporarily unavailable due to essential maintenance occasionally, please check our website for the latest information.
• In order to continue to protect our staff, we will still be requiring social distancing on the park. Reception and our information room may remain closed, but team members are spending more time on site being available around the park & can be also contacted via phone and help point during office hours. A new "information room" website has been created, which is available for free on our wifi system. Please respect these requirements and ensure you comply with the protocols on site.
• Face coverings will not be compulsory in indoor spaces (other than reception, when it is open), however please be aware that the Government advises the wearing of a face covering within an enclosed space where you may come into contact with people you don't normally meet. Please be considerate of your fellow members by complying with this expectation.
• Some guests may still wish to observe certain social distancing measures, or prefer to use their own facilities instead. We fully support anyone who wishes to do this and would like to ask all guests to respect everyone’s individual preferences.
If you have a booking which has been postponed due to COVID-19
Follow the instructions in the email we sent to you. You can book online and transfer any remaining balance from a previous booking.
Sources of Coronovirus Health Advice & Help
• NHS 111 COVID-19 Advice Online or telephone 111 free from our public telephone kiosk.
• General Advice about COVID-19 from NHS.
• Remember! Regular Handwashing with Hot Water and Soap is Good Advice.
• For the official Government guidance for England, please visit https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-local-restrictions.
This page will be updated as the situation or Government Advice changes. Thank you for your understanding and support.